To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BC 0.77 won't start, CPU 98%

fxkenshi

I've been using Bitcomet 0.70 since it was the latest stable release. I just downloaded 0.77 as the latest official release since there isn't a "stable release" link anymore. For my surprise, I installed it with no error messages and when I runned the program it crashed, also CPU was 98%. What should be the problem? I've been using 0.70 with no problems at all. Im using Win XP Pro SP2, Zone Alarm Free 6.5.737.000, AVG 7.5.430, Zyxel 650hw Router (ports forwarded) and a DSL 900kbs.

PS.: Sorry about my english, is not my 1st language :P

• 2 weeks later...

For as long as you continue to download and install unstable versions, expect problems.

Thank you for the reply.

Last question, why now is there only the "Latest Official Release" on the main page? that's why some people may confuse, I used to download only the "Latest Stable Release" but since the link is no more on the main page I thought all new releases were "stable". Anyway, I'll follow your recommendation until a new stable version. Thx.

Thank you for the reply.

Last question, why now is there only the "Latest Official Release" on the main page? that's why some people may confuse, I used to download only the "Latest Stable Release" but since the link is no more on the main page I thought all new releases were "stable". Anyway, I'll follow your recommendation until a new stable version. Thx.

I don't know why you are having problem with the latest version it works fine on my pc. Why don't u uninstall it and try downloading the 0.77 again and do the installation. May be it can help! Other wise use 0.70 if it works on your pc. Its also good.