To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help with download problem

Hm, which version of BitComet are you using? Because 0.68 version still appears experimental.

Also for your BitComet downloads, do they go onto an external USB drive?

Finally, when your BitComet appears to drop down to 0 kb/s do you find anything which that's irregular in your internet connection.

Because unfortunately I haven't seen these types of issue happen alot...

I try and download something it will download fine until it gets to be about 30-40% downloaded and then it just stops it goes from about 200-300 kb/s to 0 kb/s

Did you check in the peers tab and make sure that anybody has over 40% or wherever it is your stuck at.

Does your ISP have any limits on the amount of GB downloaded per day or month?

I am using 0.68 version, I am not downloading to an external USB drive, no no weird things with internet when drops to 0 kb/s I have checked the peers tab and there are some with 100% and others who haven't gotten above 40% as far as I know my ISP doesn't have any limits on the amount of GB I can download in a day or month but I will definately look into it now.

I have checked the peers tab and there are some with 100% and others who haven't gotten above 40%

What exactly do you mean by this. You say they haven't gotten above 40%. Does it look like there are a lot of peers stuck at the same percentage other then those with 100%.

When your download dropped to 0 KB was it still uploading at all?

What is your upload cap(Global Max Upload Rate) set at?

and does your current upload speed match your cap or is it way under it?

everytime I try and download something it will download fine until it gets to be about 30-40% downloaded and then it just stops

Is it really every torrent you try?

Try downloading this torrent, it is well seeded and should be really fast.

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/