To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Helpers get a hug from me~

Firstly, a big big hi to all.

Am using a LINKSYS WRT54G router with a WUSB54G wireless USB network adapter. Am also using BitComet 0.70 and OS is windows XP with SP2. Tried all sorts of methods but my download speed still suck so can anyone help me please? A fat and sincere thanks in advance. =)

Here are my settings:

My download speed is 158KB/s, and upload speed is 32KB/s.

Global Max Download Rate: No Limit

Global Max Upload Rate: 25

Max Simultaneous Download Tasks: 3

Listen Port: As for the port-forwarding, I'm quite sure I've done it correctly as i have quite a number of both remote & local connections.

Max Connections per task: 50

Connections to keep per task: Auto

Global Max upload slots: 7

Global Min upload slots: Auto

Max half-open TCP connections: 8

Protocol Encryption: Always

*I've tried to disable all the firewalls that i could find within my knowledge already, maybe i missed some? But yet, my download speed still lingers around 8-12KB/s.. Why is this so?

Your BitComet settings are as adviced in the Settings Guide elsewhere on this board. They are the same settings I use.

I'm using a Linksys WRT54GLV1.1 with HyperWRT 2.1b1 + Thibor 15c firmware. My modem works in bridge mode with the WRT.

I have a rock solid bittorrent connection regarding the WRT and modem combination. I tell this explicit because my ISP often has problems, not my modem or router.

Below the status report of the WRT. I have a 125/62.5 KB/s connection.

Uptime : 11 days, 23:54:31

System Load : 0.38 / 0.24 / 0.22

LAN (rx/tx) : 25.23 G (23.66 K/s) 67.33 G (105.79 K/s)

WLAN (rx/tx) : 36.32 M (0.00 K/s) 1.46 G (0.00 K/s)

WAN (rx/tx) : 67.29 G (105.64 K/s) 27.15 G (26.27 K/s)

Give some more info if you like. Perhaps I can help you a little further.

Petch01

The point of most of this is to assure that others can contact your client, those "remote" peers. So if you've got them, you've done it correctly and it's working.

Download speed is hugely dependent on the composition of the swarm and network latencies. You can't do anything about either of those, but they are the overwhelming factors in how fast your transfer will be, provided your client is configured correctly.

Try downloading the open office torrent (from openoffice.org), in order to see what your current setup is capable of. That's a fairly large torrent and it's always well-seeded, so it should be as fast as your current setup allows. It should be significantly faster than anything you normally see.