To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

New and need help?!?!

MGP141

I just got BitComet and found a torrent on mininova.org. clicked it went through all the screens, now it is in my bitcomet window, but doing nothing. it says its downloading, but its not downloading at any speed nor is it moving at all. do i have to log in? because i try and i cant see the picture to put in as a security code. its sat there for a day now and nothing has happened. help please, thanks

Hi,

There could be many reasons for this. The most common would be that you selected a torrent that is not active.

It is also possible that you have a firewall blocking bit comet, or if you use a router, that to could be blocking.

As for "logging in", this is for a new feature that is being developed (bit comet passport). This will have no effect on your downloading at all. Passport is currently in beta testing, and none of its features are activated yet, so just ignore it for now. However, you can register now if you want to reserve a user name.

One more important detail you left out is what version you are using. I know it has to be newer then version .70 (our latest stable release). Version .77 is very good, but still has some bugs. If you are using .71 to .76 then please uninstall and get either .70, or if you want to use the new client, version .77.

Suspect