To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

winrar

Ritty

I have downloaded a couple of movies in winrar and when i go to extract them an error comes up.

It says corrupt file rar73 and rar76 for example.

It has done this on two different movies. I have rehashed both of them twice.

all files show 100%.

I'm still using the demo version of winrar. Does that effect anything?

Thanks,

Ritty :blink:

The demo version won't matter, but there is a freeware alternative called 7-Zip, which will decode (but not create) Winrar archives, and zip archives as well - nice to have one tool for both, for free.

The bittorrent hash merely makes sure that what's received matches what was sent. If the source was corrupt, there's nothing bittorrent can do about that. Check the source site for the torrent for other people's comments either associated with the torrent or in a forum. You may find a link to a fixed torrent or a solution from someone else. If no one else is reporting a problem, delete the download and try again from scratch. Or find another torrent with the same material, if available.

The demo version won't matter, but there is a freeware alternative called 7-Zip, which will decode (but not create) Winrar archives, and zip archives as well - nice to have one tool for both, for free.

The bittorrent hash merely makes sure that what's received matches what was sent. If the source was corrupt, there's nothing bittorrent can do about that. Check the source site for the torrent for other people's comments either associated with the torrent or in a forum. You may find a link to a fixed torrent or a solution from someone else. If no one else is reporting a problem, delete the download and try again from scratch. Or find another torrent with the same material, if available.

thank you kluelos i will try that!

Ritty ;)