To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

TorrentSpy has gone

I notice that Torrentspy has gone from the 'Search' radio buttons AND the Torrent Sites on the 'Channel' tab on BitComet.

Is there any reason for this ??

I've been into Torrenyspy today and the following warning is displayed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANNOUNCEMENT:

There has been an infestation of popups and viruses appearing on the site lately. This is not something we are doing, it happens because one (or more) of the ad networks we are working with is being dishonest with you. There is a more detailed discussion <here>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone shed any light on this ???

• 2 weeks later...

That list is automatically updated when you start BitComet. It changed, and will change, for whatever reason.

You don't have to use that list, or the favorites pane at all.

So is it possible to type in sites manually and add them to the updated torrentsites list?

sorry for the repeat earlier post btw

So is it possible to type in sites manually and add them to the updated torrentsites list?

sorry for the repeat earlier post btw

Yes you can manually change the favourites/sites,look in the guides and how to's section.Doing this is useless though,when bitcomet updates your favourites will update also.I think I read somewhere though Bitcomet are going to resolve this.I dont use the fav tabs in bitcomet anymore for this reason,pretty lame me thinks for your favourite tabs to be updated to someone elses favourite sites.I smell advertising/It's no better than a browser hi-jacker.

I meant that you don't need to use the favorites window at all, and a lot of people don't. Just use your normal web browser instead, with its bookmark system that you're already familiar with. You can add, change, sort, remove sites as you please, and nobody can change your bookmarks.