To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Peers stop at 96%

Cadeyrn

Hello everyone.

I figure, this might be the place to get this question answered. It really does not have anything to do with BitComet, or it has EVERYTHING to do with it. Who knows?! :P

Well, how would i go about correcting/fixing this dilemma...

I am seeding a torrent, in which many people have tried downloading. Every single person who gets to 96% stalls and can not FINISH the download. I have been constantly seeding this torrent since I put it onto the site.

Some people recieve a number in the "Error" column.. but i have no idea what the heck those things mean. :blink:

I am running .70

I am also seeding other files, and people seem to be able to download from those torrents just fine. They download and seed just as everyone should!! *shakes fist at leechers*

(could this just be some crappy hash/checksum torrent? (aka. a freak chance))

Could anyone rectify this?

I suggest you do a manual rehash of the files you are seeding.

If it gets to the same level that your peers are stuck at, then the files have become damaged somehow. If so, hopefully you have a backup copy, otherwise that is a problem.

Suspect

I suggest you do a manual rehash of the files you are seeding.

If it gets to the same level that your peers are stuck at, then the files have become damaged somehow. If so, hopefully you have a backup copy, otherwise that is a problem.

Suspect

Wow. that was the simplest fix i have ever seen in my life. To think that i have been wondering about it for 3-4 days now. You are quick about your business, and i thank you for that. Now to figure out HOW the files became damaged.. Got a fix for that one?! :lol:

But.. thanks alot buddeh. You are great.