To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Nice feature removed in 0.79. Why?

h-kun

I have updated BitComet from 0.70 to 0.79 with existing torrents in queue. Some of them had 100% and task "Seed only" in preferences for them (v0.70). But after updating up to 0.79 they all reseted ot 0%. I have restored them from backup up to 100%, but after task start they all goes to 0% once and once again. And i haven't found any solution for this in torrent preferences, because there is no "seed only" task in 0.79. Any solution for this in 0.79 ?

update: solved it with manual hashing and found some kind of bug. when minimal upload rate > 0, you cant set maximum upload rate to unlimited (=0). looks like there is min<max cheking.

// sorry for possible mistakes. english not my native lang

Hi,

Don't worry about your English, all we ask is that you try.

I hope you are happy with the new client. It has improved much since it was introduced with version .71.

Our forum is still recommending version .70 to any members having problems with the new client, but the new client is going to be great as soon as all the bugs are worked out.

Suspect

found one more intresting thing. it looks like bc 0.79 have "memory leak" problem. i have 24\7 uptime, always downloading\seeding something :) after 10-12 hours bc uses about 500 megs of RAM (bc cache limited to 200mb), so it's necessary to restart bc twice a day.

PC: Ath64 3200+, 1Gb RAM, Win XP Pro SP2, tcp patched to 200, Internet 750\750 kbps. i have about 20 tasks in bc.

happy adn successful debugging! :)

found one more intresting thing. it looks like bc 0.79 have "memory leak" problem. i have 24\7 uptime, always downloading\seeding something :) after 10-12 hours bc uses about 500 megs of RAM (bc cache limited to 200mb), so it's necessary to restart bc twice a day.

PC: Ath64 3200+, 1Gb RAM, Win XP Pro SP2, tcp patched to 200, Internet 750\750 kbps. i have about 20 tasks in bc.

happy adn successful debugging! :)

install the latest updates from microsoft. I have RAM 512MB and bitcomet 0.70 uses only about 45MB