To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

need help!

max

Hey,

I'm not sure if anyone can help me here but if you could it would be very much appreciated.

I was moving some files around and deleting some on my computer and i accidently dropped a file into "Norton Internet Security" when i try to delete it or even move it, it comes up with an error message saying "access denied".

Please if anyone can help me i would be very thankful.

Cheers,

Max

this is windows file protection blocking you from deleting the file.

I posted a guide on disabling this, but if your not sure about what you are doing, then I don't recommend that.

If you just need to get rid of the one file, then try rebooting and see if you can delete it.

If that doesn't work, then restart in "safe mode", since safemode doesn't load WFP, so you would be able to delete any file.

Suspect

this is windows file protection blocking you from deleting the file.

I posted a guide on disabling this, but if your not sure about what you are doing, then I don't recommend that.

If you just need to get rid of the one file, then try rebooting and see if you can delete it.

If that doesn't work, then restart in "safe mode", since safemode doesn't load WFP, so you would be able to delete any file.

Suspect

How do you restart in safe mode?

Thanks heapz!!!

I hope this helps.This is what Symantec have to say...................................................................... Thank you for contacting Symantec Online Technical Support. We strive to delight our customers. I understand from your message that you have accidently moved a file to the Norton program folder and you are unable to move back the file. Please be aware that if the Symantec Resource protection is enabled you will not be able to move into or from the Symantec Program folder. Note: Symantec Resource Protection prevents modification or deletion of Symantec files, processes, and registry keys by unauthorized applications. Authorized applications have full access to Symantec files. If you turn Symantec Resource Protection on in one Symantec product, it turns Symantec Resource Protection on in all Symantec products and you will not be able to delete the download folder. In order to move back the file I suggest that you temporary disable the Symantec Resource protection and move the file. To turn off Symantec Resource Protection from Norton AntiVirus, please perform the steps given in the " To turn on Symantec Resource Protection from Norton AntiVirus " section of the following document: Title: 'Turning on or turning off Symantec Resource Protection' Document ID: 2005013116330213 > Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/Support/share...src=con_ols_nam Once you finish moving the file you will have to turn on the Symantec Resource Protection.

Quite simple really :D