To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

flac files

nashy666

:) Cheers mav will the disc play on any dvd player :)

I assume you mean "CD player" not dvd

Basically, any cd player that will play an audio CD burnt to a CDr disc will play an audio cd made from Flac files.

Some DVD players will play audio CD too.

FLAC (free lossless audio codec) can be downloaded for free (google will find it for you)

Suspect

I assume you mean "CD player" not dvd

Basically, any cd player that will play an audio CD burnt to a CDr disc will play an audio cd made from Flac files.

Some DVD players will play audio CD too.

FLAC (free lossless audio codec) can be downloaded for free (google will find it for you)

Suspect

TUS I wonder if you can figure this out for me 'cos i'm baffled.My son as a pioneer cd player which will play burnt audio cd's but it wont play if they've originally flac files,I've checked the cd's in other players and they're fine-kinda puzzled. :blink: burning with nero btw.

That is odd, but it might be nero that isn't properly decoding the files.

I suggest you download flac software, and make the disc with it. You should end up with an audio CD that is 100% original quality, compared to one made with an MP3, which is at best, "close" to CD quality.

Although Nero is quite good at doing some things, I think Kluelos summed it up when he said Nero's attempt to be "all things" to "all people" has become a product that does none of these things particularly well (paraphrased).

http://flac.sourceforge.net/

Suspect