To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Restore

lufc6

Hey Guys i'm looking to restore my computer to when i originally bought it so that everything will be deleted except for the stuff that came with the computer. I have saved all the files that i want to keep onto a dvd and i was just wondering what will be the safest way and the easiest way to restore my whole computer.

cheers :) :) :)

Different manufacturers have different programs for restoring like this.

Some have an automated process to restore from a hidden partition on your hard drive, others require you to use setup discs.

If you have a traditional computer, then here is some good advice. Install a second hard drive, then you can store all your data/download on it, This will protect it from loss if you need to again restore (reformat) your Cdrive.

Another option would be to make a second partition on your hard drive to store your data. This will allow you to reformat and reinstall your windows on the primary drive, and leave your data safe on the other partition.

Suspect

That depends on your computer.

Like I said, some have a built in setup, others you have to run a setup disc.

Your tech support can tell you what method your computer uses, or you can post your make and model, and perhaps a member here may know.

Suspect