To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How do i burn?

dan_jc

How do i burn XviD? KVCD? with what program? also i want to know where to download good picture quality and sound dvd as im after a couple of christmas dvd's.

heres a link in my sig. this is a screen by screen guide for burning avi's. works for xvid as well. as for kvcd just right click on the CUE file and click open with. then click on nero burning rom. it might ask you if you want your computer to search for you or if you want to choose from a list. pick choose from a list and then find NERO BURNING ROM. when the nero screen comes up just select your burning options and enjoy.

p.s. make sure when burning kvcd you use cd's. they will not burn on dvd's. xvids will though, just make a data dvd instead of data cd.

Keep in mind that an Xvid dvd disc will only play on dvd players designed to play xvid discs.

If you want to make a DVD that will play on any dvd player, then you will need to convert the files. I posted a guide to do this with nerovision.

Suspect

vlc player will let you preview Kvcd movies (videolan.org)

Although, the quality will be poor when played on a computer. Kvcd is designed to play on a DVD player.

You could also mount the kvcd disc image in a virtual cdrom drive and play it with any media player.

As for full DVD downloads, they are very unpopular, as they take forever to complete because of the size, and the fact that they are unpopular makes them much much slower.

I could download a dozen or more kvcd movies in the time one full dvd movie would downoad.

If you have a player that will play them, then divx/xvid movies are a good choice, but if you want movies that will play in most DVD players, then KVCD is the best choice. Just be sure to get them from a good source, as there are some groups that make poor quality kvcds.

Suspect