To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

seed/peer #'s

Conhag

I've just downloaded bitcomet to see a TV show. The screen tells me I've completed the download 100%, and have the red/orange arrow next to it. The seed/peers numbers keep changing, I don't know what to do to actually view the movie, if the seed/peer numbers will stop at some point and then the show will be ready to view?

I've never used a program such as this and in reading the FAQ in a couple of places find that I don't understand much of what is being said there but don't find an obvious answer to my question either.

Men.in.trees.SO1E11.NewYork.Fiction.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi

Above is the description shown in the downloaded area.

Windows XP

DSL

Bitcomet 0.79

thanks

Conhag

well after you downloaded a file it will never stop because the torrent is (seding=uploading to peers=other computer users that are downloading the same torrent) so after you have downloaded 100% you are free to play the video that you have downloaded...just select the torrent that you have downloaded and press the open dir button on the top meniu(its a big icon whith a folder) if you want to open the file directly...

You should look over the Preferences menu, and study what's there.

One of the items is your default download directory. That is where BC will place all of the files it downloads. This is where your file will be.

Elsewhere in the preferences, you will see the option to add the extension, ".bc!" to incomplete downloads. This is just a simple temporary rename operation. When you are looking at the downloads directory, this makes it very easy to tell whether a particular file has finished or not.

There are other choices in the preferences menu that you should probably be aware of, and there's a settings guide up there to explain each and tell you how you can configure it. You'll probably also want to downgrade to a stable version, since that's what the settings guide is written to.