To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

download speeds

BitComet .70

Windows XP Home Edition

Speedstream 4200 Modem

I am having some download speed problems. For the most part my download speeds don't go above 30KB/sec, although occasionally it will go up to 200 or even 300 KB/sec.

I've been downloading the Torrents with the most seeders but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Is this a problem with the Torrents that I'm downloading or my computer/firewall? If so then I would appreciate any help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

BitComet .70

Windows XP Home Edition

Speedstream 4200 Modem

I am having some download speed problems. For the most part my download speeds don't go above 30KB/sec, although occasionally it will go up to 200 or even 300 KB/sec.

I've been downloading the Torrents with the most seeders but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Is this a problem with the Torrents that I'm downloading or my computer/firewall? If so then I would appreciate any help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

did you make an exception in windows firewall for bitcomet for tcp and udp? do you have upnp enabled? in your peers section do you have any remotes or are they all local or nat? have you limited your upload to 80% of your maximum?.as you can see there are a lot of things we need to know before we can help you out. look in the guides and settings section for a bitcomet settings guide. after you go through that let us know.