To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

blue arrow problem

spumals

I was using Bitcomet 0.64 before for two years, my internet connection is cable and i have a linksys WRT54G routerb and everything worked well. up until 3 days ago, i could never download anymore. im running on windows XP service pack 2 and i did not install anything new in my computer, and bitcomet just all of a sudden stopped downloading. i deleted and reinstalled many times and currently i switched to 0.70 but its still always blue arrowed.

Look at the Trackers tab for this torrent and check for the response you're getting from the tracker, which should provide more information about the problem. I do suggest you upgrade to v0.70 regardless.

Look at the Trackers tab for this torrent and check for the response you're getting from the tracker, which should provide more information about the problem. I do suggest you upgrade to v0.70 regardless.

alright there is a tracker but the tracker status is "Connecting Tracker to say Start, waiting for response" and hasnt changed. i've also found that there are no peers at all in the peers tab, if that is of help of anything. i will stay at 0.70 as u recommended.

im sure its not firewall because it says

Windows XP WF Status: TCP Port is opened in Windows Firewall.

Windows XP WF Status: UDP Port is opened in Windows Firewall.

but i also saw that

Windows XP UPnP Status: Error occur when Adding TCP Port Mapping!

Windows XP UPnP Status: Error occur when Adding UDP Port Mapping!

is there a solution to this problem? i really want to download!

The blue arrows indicate that BitComet is trying to connect to the tracker.

The lack of a response from the tracker (that is, not even a timeout) indicates that BitComet is being blocked from communicating. This means that you have a software firewall which hasn't been told to allow BitComet to contact the internet. Firewalls forbid anything they haven't been told to specifically allow.

You'll have to give your firewall a rule allowing BitComet through, and another rule telling it to allow traffic through your chosen listen port. If you have more than one firewall, you'll have to tell all of them. (More than one firewall will cause you many headaches.)