To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

windows explorer closing down

scally

Some films i have d/l causes windows explorer to close down as soon as the films directory is opened in bit comet or manually. This as happened with numerous films i have d/l over the last few month nothing can be done with the file apart from deleting it. The two films i have at present that are doing this are Scary movie 4avi and p*** of the dead . Does any one know the reason why this is happening

Scally

Maybe those films you downloaded were fakes and they are actually viruses or corrupted.

Try opening them with your media player directly,

instead of going to the folder were they are just open your media player and use File -> Open

By the way what media player are you using?

Thanks for the reply

Ive used windows movie player which acts the same with direct loading and closes down. Nero show time acts slightly different in respect that it shows a message cannot play this movie file

There are no viruses in the files so maybe they are fakes

a fake file inside a folder will not prevent you from opening the folder.

I think you have possible virus/addware/spyware/malware infecting your computer, and even if your antivirus doesn't detect anything, that doesn't mean your system is clean.

Try the following...

Spybot search and destroy, its freeware and has a resident program that will stop this crap before it installs, and will prevent any registry edits without your permission.

Ad-aware, also has a free version, which will do the job fine, no need to purchase the full version.

I also use "xoft", which has found stuff that the other two has not. Its not free, but if your good with torrents, you can find it ;)

Also, check here to see how good your antivirus is rated...

http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=72&mnu=72

and remember, there is NO antivirus that can detect 100% of viruses

Also, this problem could be from corupt system files, which could be caused by software or hardware failure.

The former may require an expirenced tech to resolve, or a reformatting and reinstallation of operating system, the latter may require replacing hard drive or other componants.

Suspect

a fake file inside a folder will not prevent you from opening the folder.

I think you have possible virus/addware/spyware/malware infecting your computer, and even if your antivirus doesn't detect anything, that doesn't mean your system is clean.

Try the following...

Spybot search and destroy, its freeware and has a resident program that will stop this crap before it installs, and will prevent any registry edits without your permission.

Ad-aware, also has a free version, which will do the job fine, no need to purchase the full version.

I also use "xoft", which has found stuff that the other two has not. Its not free, but if your good with torrents, you can find it ;)

Also, check here to see how good your antivirus is rated...

http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=72&mnu=72

and remember, there is NO antivirus that can detect 100% of viruses

Also, this problem could be from corupt system files, which could be caused by software or hardware failure.

The former may require an expirenced tech to resolve, or a reformatting and reinstallation of operating system, the latter may require replacing hard drive or other componants.

Suspect

I have spybot running and i have good anti virus software and apart from these two files thier is nothing wrong with my system

I have spybot running and i have good anti virus software and apart from these two files thier is nothing wrong with my system

If you are certain of this, then I suggest you delete the files and move on.

Suspect