To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Making Games Work

MrBaggins

I D/loaded a game and used winrar to open it. I wound up with "setup" and three bin files named setup-1, 2 & 3. Next I googled 'bin file' and read that they are image files. So I download Alcohol 120%, which I read here is good for burning image files. But when I use it and browse to the file, the file it appears empty. So now I'm kind of lost. Can anybody let me know what I'm doing wrong? :unsure:

Thanks.

I D/loaded a game and used winrar to open it. I wound up with "setup" and three bin files named setup-1, 2 & 3. Next I googled 'bin file' and read that they are image files. So I download Alcohol 120%, which I read here is good for burning image files. But when I use it and browse to the file, the file it appears empty. So now I'm kind of lost. Can anybody let me know what I'm doing wrong? :unsure:

Thanks.

Hi,

besides the .bin files, there should also be .cue files.

If you can't see them, this is because you need to enable viewing file extensions in windows.

The .cue file is an instruction sheet for burning the .bin (disc image) file.

Alcohol will burn them for you, just select the .cue file (same name as bin file) for each disc, and burn.

Suspect

PS. I can post instructions to enable viewing of file extensions if its not posted here yet, let me know