To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download Directory

For some reason, BitComet has decided to save one of my downloads in the temporary internet files folder, my other downloads have not done this though. And now when I clear my internet files it deletes what has already been downloaded. Its annoying its says ive downloaded 750mb of a 1GB file but its still at 0%. Why did this happen?

For some reason, BitComet has decided to save one of my downloads in the temporary internet files folder, my other downloads have not done this though. And now when I clear my internet files it deletes what has already been downloaded. Its annoying its says ive downloaded 750mb of a 1GB file but its still at 0%. Why did this happen?

Well, you've downloaded the file, then deleted it and restarted from the very beginning... No wonder it's 0% done. What else would you expect? Stop all disk activity you can and read this. Be more careful on adding new task and may the luck be on your side today ;)

Check your preferences and make sure you (or something) hasn't changed your default download directory in BitComet. You want to make sure that doesn't happen again!

When you start a new torrent, you can change the destination. So it can be set on a torrent-by-torrent basis. I'm not saying you should do that, I'm just saying the capability is there, so it may be that only that particular torrent was affected. In any case, when you reload it, (or if you already did, then stop it first) you do want to double-check the destination directory to make sure it isn't going to just repeat this.