To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Please help!

Ok, so I'm having a problem with Bitcomet. First I'll tell you a little bit of what happened before this. Alright so the other day I decided to update my MSN Messenger 7.0 to 7.5. After updating I could no longer use the MSN service and I still haven't had this problem fixed. So yesterday I uninstalled Bitcomet(don't ask why, it was stupid of me) and reinstalled it. I never had problems with Bitcomet before, but now I can't download anything. When I open up Bitcomet it says "Can not listen to port: 25144". And when I try downloading something nothing happens. I have no idea why this is happening. I went to www.canyouseeme.org to see what the problem with the port is, but when I check port 25144 it says: Error: I could not see your service on 69.107.139.76 on port (25144)

Reason: Connection timed out".

Anyone know a way to fix this? I tried disabling my firewall but that didn't work. I would reeeally appreciate any help. Thanks

Hi, first I would suggest trying a different port.

Also, if you are using a router, you will need to configure it properly for your client to function at peek performance.

Do you know what port you were using before you uninstalled you client?

I suggest you try some random numbers in the 40,000 to 60,000 range. Some isps restrict common bit torrent ports.

Suspect

Hi, first I would suggest trying a different port.

Also, if you are using a router, you will need to configure it properly for your client to function at peek performance.

Do you know what port you were using before you uninstalled you client?

I suggest you try some random numbers in the 40,000 to 60,000 range. Some isps restrict common bit torrent ports.

Suspect

Thanks for the help man, I really appreciate it. Now this is probably a stupid question, but how do I use a different port? I don't know what port I was using before I uninstalled it. I just left all the settings the same. I never had any problems before, I just installed it and everything worked properly when I first started using BitComet.

Man, I don't know what's going on. I'm doing that and each time I enter in a number or select "choose random port" Bitcomet freezes :(. Thanks for the help though man, I appreciate. Do you have any more suggestions?

Never mind, I got it working! :)

What I did was I turned off my firewall and then changed the port. This time it didn't freeze I clicked ok and turned my firewall back on. Now things are downloading fine :)

Thanks for the help man, I would have never got it working without your help. I really do appreciate it