To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloading Torrent File

Hello , I am fairly new to computers , so if You can help Me ,please try to explain it like I am a child.

When I find a torrent file and try to download I get a message box saying [ Unable to read torrent file ! Please try re-downloading the torrent ] I have had this problem in the past and upgraded to Bitcomet 0.70 and was ok for 1 day but don't no what else to do. Any help would be greatly appriceated

When you get the message, exactly what did you try to do? Does the message happen while you're trying to download it, or after you've completed the download? Looking at the message itself, is there any indication (like maybe an icon) to indicate which program is responsible for the message? If you don't know, a screenshot might help us figure it out.

When I find a torrent file and try to download I get a message box saying [ Unable to read torrent file ! Please try re-downloading the torrent ]

I have the same error when I try to open .torrent file by double-clicking it while my browser is still downloading it. Of course, it's incomplete, BitComet notices that and complains offering me to re-download .torrent. So, make sure you have complete .torrent file:

wait until your browser/download accelerator finishes downloading;

go to the folder where .torrent is and check it (.torrent IS there, its size >0, it can be renamed/moved/copied);

open it in BitComet (double-click/drag-and-drop to BC window/"Ctrl-O" in BC - try all if one doesn't work).

One more thing to try: use simple names for .torrent-s (there may be some national characters - use latin/numbers only; don't use VERY long names - >100 chars). Also, there may be errors on your drive with .torrent - ScanDisk for them. Maybe you don't have enough privileges to save .torrent...

If everything above fails, give us some info on what you did and we'll see what we can advise you more :)