To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Custome .torrent files folder

Hey dear developers...

I'm a relatively fresh mover from Azureus and my impressions from BitComet are that it's a wonderful product, simple where needed and well rounded.

However, I've noticed that all .torrent files are saved under Torrents in the Application folder. I've noticed it after formatting my computer and losing all torrents downloaded after BitComet was installed. In Azureus I could set a custome folder for downloaded .torrent files (which was in my downloads drive) and was kept nice and clean and isolated from everything else.

I will not presume to know how simple it may be to implement, but is it at all possible?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

That' good. :) Thanks. We need some time to do this.

Before we have this function, my suggestion is:If you want to format your PC next time,you need to copy the files you downloaded,the "XML"and the "Copy"files fromC:\ProgramFiles\BitComet\Downloads before you formatting. Please paste them in their former location after finishing formatting.Now, all the files you downloaded are ok.

dnagroove are you talking for options->preferences->task:

under download->default download path-> clicking it can choose where to save your downloaded tasks or I am wrong?

dnagroove is talking about the place where the loaded .torrent files are saved not the download location for the file.

:lol: I see he is talking about "C:\Program Files\BitComet\Torrents" folder. This suggestion already discuss and remain without an answer.

I have 453 tasks loaded and my torrents folder is 24MB. It is nothing to make BC to save a copy of Torrents folder and Downloads.xml in your external (not in C:\ drive) download folder, but it is a BIG difference for us coz we will sleep peacefully for our download tasks are safe and we can make format C:\, reinstall windows, windows can crash as many times as he wants, clean install BC without any problems.

Edited by dimchopicha2003 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Expanding on this suggestion, it'd be nice to have an option that allows us to keep .torrents even if the task is removed. Unless BC figures out what tasks exist by looking for .torrents in the torrent folder. Then a lot would have to switched around, unless it'll move the torrent into another folder on task remove.

Tell me if that didn't make sense.