To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

IE not working or barely working

Following the advice of a admin on a torrent site I followed the directions from www.portforward.com to better seed my completed torrents.

Since I did the port forward thing IE barely works.

Like right now with Bitcomet running but not really doing anything. 0KB down and maybe 1-3 KB up now and then I can not open simple web pages like Google. It will either display "page not found" or after a long time finally display but searching is another thing.

I have the 6MB broadband DSL and when running speed tests from http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/ I can achieve 550KB DL and 70KB up so I am not stressing my bandwidth at all.

I close Bitcomet and IE works just fine.

Didn't do this before even when high speed DL/UP was happening.

I was running Bitcomet V.67 and upgraded to V7.0 today but problem is still there.

Any idea what is going on?

Following the advice of a admin on a torrent site I followed the directions from www.portforward.com to better seed my completed torrents.

Since I did the port forward thing IE barely works.

Like right now with Bitcomet running but not really doing anything. 0KB down and maybe 1-3 KB up now and then I can not open simple web pages like Google. It will either display "page not found" or after a long time finally display but searching is another thing.

I have the 6MB broadband DSL and when running speed tests from http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/ I can achieve 550KB DL and 70KB up so I am not stressing my bandwidth at all.

I close Bitcomet and IE works just fine.

Didn't do this before even when high speed DL/UP was happening.

I was running Bitcomet V.67 and upgraded to V7.0 today but problem is still there.

Any idea what is going on?

check your upload speed setting in BC

to much will cause probs

Hello,

I've just regitered to post about my problem which is the same as Big Valley.

My problem started when I fromatted my PC. I then installed 0.70v and start downloading but nothing is happening. My speed always not more than 5kb/s(total dl and it used to dl with max speed of 65kb/s). also when the downloading is going on (on speed 5kb/s) my IE is very slow or give me errors. :(

the only exception I noticed is for small files which sometimes reach a speed of 10-15kb/s....

Please HELP.

I use Firefox here, and i´m with the same problem. Sometimes it works, sometimes don´t. Even when I configure the max dowload an upload far from the limit of my broadband it do not work properly. I already did all the stuff in the FAQ and hints from the users, but nothing works. It sucks!!