To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet and Japanese language filenames in Windows ME

I read the FAQ that said Unicode is only supported on 2000/XP inside BitComet, does this mean that, with Windows ME, I am unable to view Japanese filenames - and consequently unable to save Torrents with Japanese file and folder names ?

All I get are "??????\???????" etc as the filenames inside the torrent, so when I try to start downloading it says that thae path is invalid and that it "cant access folder".

Is there any Microsoft thingy I can download that will enable me to view Japanese characters inside Bitcomet ?

Is there any Microsoft thingy I can download that will enable me to view Japanese characters inside Bitcomet ?

Yes, Windows 2000/XP. Because ME is such a piece of garbage that MS has already discontinued it. ME has all the same problems as 98 SE with less functionality and a whole new set of problems.

Well, I haven't used Win98/Me for a few years already, so it looks like you'll have to check Microsoft IME for Japanese by yourself (BTW, tell me if it works :) )

*edit*: yes, I know it's for INPUT, but somewhere there must be support for OUTPUT. Anyway, I think it's better direction to start than changing OS :)