To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Will I lose my current download?

i generally don't update until i'm done with a download

you can, you don't loose your data etc, but sometimes the newer version is not as good for you, conflicts, bugs etc...

which may mean a compete uninstall to go back

i suggest you wait it out

then try the newer ver. and don't get to adventurous until you have tried it for a while

ok, i installed it right away like a f****** retard, and lost my months worth of torrents and got pretty far in an 8.5 gig file so right now im trying to go back to 0.60 if that will help, cause this is ****ing ********.

Admin Edit: Please refrain from using any swearing in this forum.

shea_the_great you can't loose your downloads if you just install the new version over the old one.

If you changed the download folder from "C:\Program Files\BitComet\Downloads\" to something else don't forget after the install to change it back to the folder that it was: "options->preferences->task->download->default download path".

Why you are not searching and reading first before "installed it right away like a ..":

Read this - the last post: How do I upgrade to a new version of BitComet (or downgrade to an old version)? Can I keep my existing settings?;

and this - my last post;

Read this - Post #11;

and this: How can I change download location when my files are partially complete?