To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

bittorent and hotshield

Hey guys! Previously I had no issues at all with getting bittorrent to work. Currently, I am using hotshield open vpn and when I try to download anything with bittorrent, it would say unable to connect due to security reason. I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with hotshield and bittorrent would give me some advice. Thank you for your assistance.

Some info on what "hotshield" is might be useful, and if this is simply a typo, then fine, but if your really having trouble with bittorrent client, then you really should be posting in their forum, this is bitcomet's forum. If your having trouble only with tasks using bittorrent protocol, then you really should have looked at the "READ THIS before posting" topic, so someone might be able to help you.

I will extend a couple of pointers though, and the first is that when it comes to things like VPN, you are pretty much on your own getting them to work. It's extremely important that you work through the issues in your own mind. Nobody can really do that for you, or help you much, without knowing a great deal about your individual situation.

The second tip is that it always comes back to the fundamentals. When you have a problem like this, it's almost always something very basic, something you are assuming is one way, when it's not that way. As you work through it, you slowly perfect your grasp of the particular network connection you are making. That will help you with all future network connections.

AFAIK Hotshield doesn't offer forwarding for incoming connections on their VPN proxy, so you'll probably always get an yellow light (standing for a closed listening port).

At least it was like that when I tried it.

If it changed since then, I do not know.