To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

It's Frozen..

I have been using Bit Comet without any problems at all. The last few days, though, the program has completely frozen. I can open it and initiate a download, but after that, it's dead.

If I try to click on something, nothing happens. I can't minimize, close, or anything.

I downloaded the new version and it still does the same thing.

Does anyone know what I can do to stop this??

Thanks.

Check to see if it's repainting the screen: with Bitcomet open, open something else in front of it, and see whether you get an empty window where BitComet's window was. If you've got that problem, you'll know it when you see it.

Time is the only cure, so I suggest a different client. I've never heard an explanation for why it does that on some systems, or any sort of fix for it. It doesn't seem to correlate with anything obvious like a certain type of video card or outdated driver. And it comes and goes on some systems.

Check to see if it's repainting the screen: with Bitcomet open, open something else in front of it, and see whether you get an empty window where BitComet's window was. If you've got that problem, you'll know it when you see it.

Time is the only cure, so I suggest a different client. I've never heard an explanation for why it does that on some systems, or any sort of fix for it. It doesn't seem to correlate with anything obvious like a certain type of video card or outdated driver. And it comes and goes on some systems.

New windows open right on top and Bit Comet stays right there behind the new window.

Sounds like you have a slow computer. This happens if you're fx. are running out of memory, or the cache file is used up.

My only suggestion to you is to use µTorrent instead, on a slow system. You can get BitComet icons, so you'll feel much more familiar.. ;)