To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Copyright Infringement

Justjohn63111

I just receive a letter from my ISp concering my downloading copyright material. I wasn't using peer guardian or any thing of the sort at the time. But I have peer guardian now. Do i still need to be concerned with downloading for a while or will peer guardian stop them from finding out what I'm doing. After all I try to seed alot longer than what it took me to download, an I support the freedom of information act

Any comments would be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't post the same question in multiple forums. Once is enough.

Peerguardian won't do a thing for you. It's elementary to get around, and is simply a waste of resources to run. It may interfere with connections you want, and blocks many addresses to no purpose at all.

Is your ISP threatening action, or are they just forwarding this to you? If the former, your recourse is to change ISP's. If the latter, that is what you'd want them to do. Think about it.

You can generally avoid all this by not downloading extremely new movies and albums. This isn't much of a sacrifice because these are usually of terrible quality - screeners captured by videocamera, for example. The MPAA stooges don't generally watch older stuff, and a rip of the DVD will have far better sound and picture quality anyway.