To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Nat port cant find ip Help!!!!!! Please

I recently installed win xp service pack 3 and since that i apparently lost all the ports forwarding and when i try to forward a port manually i manage to get the wan light green but the nat port assignation keeps seeking for a ip a doesnt find one and i am having real slow downloads. Help please im new here ( how i a make the nat assignation port to find the ip and find that page linksys.com or something like that) :(

I'm sorry I don't mean to be blunt but if you're going to get any help here you really need to read and comply to THIS first.

Then, since obviously you're not very familiar with networking terms (you lost me right after the installation of WinXP SP3) you will need to provide explanation of the detailed steps you took to "manually forward" a port, where exactly you tried to forward it and to explain also, what do you mean by:

"...the nat port assignation keeps seeking for a ip a doesnt find one...".

Edited by greywizard (see edit history)

It almost certainly isn't the problem.

NAT port mapping is an equivalent to listen-port forwarding. They're designed to accomplish the same basic task. Having done the latter, you don't need the former.

You need to look first at the TRACKERS tab, to make certain that you're connecting to the tracker(s) without error, and if that's ok, then you need to look at the number of seeds and peers that they're returning, in the SUMMARY tab. These results should be reflected in the Seed/Peer column of the task window. If there are none, and you are trying to d/l a dead torrent, then the task isn't going to proceed no matter what your connectability is.

here are the trackers pic and the peers pic i dont see any errors and i am still getting a very slow download speed <_< and i have tried several files and still happens the same :(

peers.jpg

trackers.jpg

Help please :unsure:

Please use the "Fast Reply" option, unless there is a specific reason for quoting the post directlly prior to your own.

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

you don't need to quote the post you're replying to, unless it's much further back up the chain. If you're replying to a specific point, only quote that point.

Your upload speed is nearly nonexistent. This makes you a very unattractive partner, so most peers won't want to swap with you. That may be because of your other settings, or your location, but you must give in order to get. That's the nature of bittorrent. This is also a very small swarm, so it won't ever be all that fast.

Even though it's a small swarm, you're not connected to most of the few peers that are in it. This is another indication that they don't find you a good trade partner.

I typically see this kind of thing when somebody has set their upload maximum to zero or a very small value. It also happens when the connection is very unreliable and drops a lot of packets either way.

Here follow two problems:

1. Setting your upload speed to unlimited is a bad idea. Explanations as to why, and how to set your upload speed correctly you could find in the FOURTH topic form the top of the page. (To the mods: I really think that someone of the admins ought to paint those topics in red or something 'cause almost nobody seems to read them).

2. As kluelos said, you can set your port forwarding in the router manually, and disable UPnP port mapping in Bitcomet (and router as well if it's enabled). Since Bitcomet says that in Windows firewall your listen ports are open for both protocols, then either your router is blocking it or you have an additional software firewall installed.

Edited by greywizard (see edit history)

When BitComet starts a session, it asks a server to send it a probe on your listen port, and it then listens for that probe.

• Grey light = Can't contact that server
  • Yellow Light = Contacted server, never got probe
  • Green Light = Contacted server, probe got through

So if you have a green light, it indicates that your listen port is open and unblocked by any firewall.

Notice also that you've successfully connected to the DHT network. Since DHT requires UDP, this indicates that you're unblocked for that protocol too.

I don't know how the statistics reports work (again, never documented), but the next line says that the port was opened for UDP.

I speculate that the first line is a report of status before ICF, and the second is a result of ICF operation. It would make some sense in context.

At any rate, the first line is incorrect, since he has UDP connectivity.