To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet Speed issue

dubaiboy

Hello all

I am new to this forum and the reason i have joined is that i am facing the same issue. A little over a week ago my bitcomet client has grinded down slowly to a halt.

I am using bitcomet 0.70

windows firewall is switched on but bitcomet has been given full access

I am using port 58xxx

I have nothing else installed

windows xp service pack 3

I checked if port is open and i hope i followed the instructions correctly on grc to make sure about that result

my connection is 512 kbps and normally get download speeds of about 60kbps

the torrents i am downloading are widely available and I sure there is not problem with the torrent selection

this is really dirving me crazy since everytime bitcomet only shows the 2 blue arrows on each torrent.

1 week back everything was fine...and i haven't installed anything new.

please help

i can send screenshots of bitcomet if anyone would want me to

(Your post was moved to a new topic. Please don't jump into the middle of someone else's topic, start a new one of your own. Otherwise, it becomes very difficult to know who is talking to who, which advice is meant for you and which for the other person. - Mod)

If your listen port is blocked, then no other peers can contact you through your firewall(s). You can contact others, and they can reply to you, but nobody can initiate contact with you.

BitComet will still work under these circumstances, it will just be a great deal slower. You will need to open the listen port to incoming traffic on all of your firewalls to fix this.

thankyou for replying kluelos

i am just not computer savvy.

here is what i tried

my router address is 192.168.254.254.....i went to it through internet explorer to see if i there is anywhere it says about ports and such but couldn't find anything

as of now my windows firewall is switched off

this is really wierd to me...one week back everything was fine...can someone pls guide me on how to open this port

There are a bunch of details needed in order to get more help. Read about them here. Specifically, the type of router and internet connection (DSL, cable, etc) are of interest.

...i went to it through internet explorer to see if i there is anywhere it says about ports and such but couldn't find anything

Were you able to access the router web interface in IE though?

Edited by greywizard (see edit history)

There are a bunch of details needed in order to get more help. Read about them here. Specifically the type of router and internet connection (DSL, cable, etc).

Were you able to access the router web interface in IE though?

yes i was able to access the router interface....it is a siemens speedstream 6520

my connection is 512 kbps i usually got dl speeds of 60kbps for the past 4/5 years ....but suddenly over the last week the torrents just dont connect

really appreciate the effort you putting in to help....thanks

Ignore attempts by portforward.com to sell you anything. Just persist on through them until you get to the data for your router..

The basic information you need is in your router's manual, so read that. The portforward.com information is a supplement to, and not a replacement for, reading the manual.