To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Re-install of Bitcomet has made downlowning impossible

ttelfs

Hi everyone,

A bit of a problems exists here. After appanently downloading some sort of unknown virus, I was in the unfortunate position of having to completely reformat and restore my pc. On my new install, I reinstalled a new copy of BitComet, however I am now unable to download any torrents at all. The program appears to be working and download the torrent file to be downloaded but on checking the downloads button on the navigation bar it just appears as a failed download.

I have tried reinstalling a fresh download of Bitcomet 1.15 so I know the software is fine. I am running a 32bit version of Windows Vista, I use an ntl home 250 router which gives me a usual 20Mb/ps download speed. I am now stuck as I cannot get bitcomet to download anything at all. There must be some help someone could give me as I don't know what else to do apart from uninstall and forget it completely. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ttelfs :unsure:

The program appears to be working and download the torrent file to be downloaded but on checking the downloads button on the navigation bar it just appears as a failed download.

What exactly do you mean by that? Can you elaborate?