To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Windows 7 ~ Why is Bitcomet now too slow?

comoradh

Hi,

Since upgrading to Windows 7 I've noticed that even well seeded torrents are downloading only at a small fraction of the speed they used to in XP.

Does anybody have any ideas why this might be? I guess what I'm asking is; is there any known issue with Windows 7 and Bitcomet?

Thanks for your time.

Seán

No, there is no any general known issue between Windows 7 and BitComet. I, myself, have run many times the latest versions of BitComet on Windows 7 at maximum line speed with no problems whatsoever.

However, I suggest that you read the Read This Before Posting announcement on top of this section and provide a detailed answer to every question inside.

Then, maybe somebody will have an idea about what is happening to your client. ;)

The issue points to a blocked listen port, but without a lot more information we can't suggest more than that. I do want to remind you, though, that the transition from XP -> Win7 is NOT an upgrade. It's a complete new install of a different OS, and most of your settings aren't preserved as an upgrade would preserve them. If you didn't redo your configuration, it reverted to Win7 defaults.

I also have Windows 7, and I am having a problem with downloading movie torrents. It worked fine on my other computer that has Vista. I was able to download 5 movies, but then all of a sudden I get this message "There was a problem sending the command to the program". Please help! All help would be appreciated.

@tepeerawling

"There was a problem sending the command to the program"

now tel me which antivirus or firewall(internet security)ur using.if ur using any beta versions of firewall pls uninstall it completely and freshly install final versions of av/firewall appl.first tel me which ur using??;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am using SecureIT for the antivirus, but I was able to download 4 times, but after trying to download again, is when I get the message. Not sure why this happened. How do I find out where the firewall is located. There is a firewall on the SecureIt, and I did check my firewall and it is allowing bitcomet to download. Not sure is this can help u to help me. Please let me know if there is any other info that you need.