To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

[NEW] BitComet v1.20 has been released!!!

Lucy26

Dear all, BitComet version 1.20 has been released.

You are all welcomed to download and test this version from our official website.

v1.20 2010.03.25

GUI Improved: new command in file menu: "Import Unfinished Download", supports BitComet, uTorrent, Xunlei

GUI Improved: start download from torrent infohash directly in "Open torrent from URL" dialog

GUI Improved: drag & drop task names to rearrange task list(when task list not sorted)

GUI Improved: BT task summary tab: show BT task pieces number; show down/upload speed/size detail info in tooltip when mouse hovers on them

GUI Improved: BT task peer list: new command "Friend Upload Slot" in the context menu, for only one IP at the same time

GUI Improved: BT task tracker list: show seeds, peers, downloaded number returned from tracker

GUI Improved: BT task file list: sort file names in the same order as Windows Explorer(thanks to RadioNoise)

GUI Improved: display snapshots tab in new BT task dialog when open torrent file

GUI Improved: modify the size of BT task properties dialog, compatible with 1024x600 resolution

GUI Improved: for finished BT task, "search for Long-Time Seeds" displayed as "enable Long-Time Seeding", "search for eMule sources" as "enable upload to eMule sources" in task properties dialog

GUI Improved: new global option: maximum number of concurrent seeding BitTorrent tasks

GUI Improved: new global option: Don't use proxy for tracker/peer connections

GUI Improved: new global option: specify separated listen port for Web UI

GUI Improved: supports Occitan language(see lang\HowTo-Translate.txt)

GUI Improved: when using remote desktop, disable highlight the row on which mouse hovers in file list, peer list and tracker list

GUI Improved: improve compatibility of install package with Vista/Win7

GUI Bugfix: tailing space in tracker address leads to connection failure

GUI Bugfix: can't start BitTorrent download when drag&drop a Magnet URI text to floating window

Core Improve: use UTF-8 encoding when making torrent file by default for all language versions of Windows

Core Improve: improve algorithm, reduce CPU usage of DHT modular, avoid GUI blocked

Core Improve: improve algorithm, reduce CPU usage of Long-Time Seeds download modular, avoid GUI blocked

Core Improve: support HTTPS tracker

Core Bugfix: after Scheduler stopped all tasks, the option of "Auto start task when download rate less than specified rate" will still start tasks

Core Bugfix: after BT task stopped, corresponding DHT connections didn't stop totally

Core Bugfix: invalid DHT packet may lead to program crash(thanks to Pierre Noguès)

Core Bugfix: task list backup file from v1.19 can't be imported by itself

Please kindly leave your suggestions, feedbacks, and bug reports here.

Thank you for your support!

The BitComet Team

Change logs are a valuable source of information,

they well, show changes between one version and the next, lol

however none of the BitComet change logs show

any of the features or functions that have been removed,

I find this a little disappointing :(

Edited by oxyandy (see edit history)

Change logs are a valuable source of information,

they well, show changes between one version and the next, lol

however none of the BitComet change logs show

any of the features or functions that have been removed,

I find this a little disappointing :(

Did you forget something? Pls try it again.

Did you forget something? Pls try it again.

Laura, I assume English is not your first language..

No I did not forget anything.. :lol:

Over time BitComet has changed

things added,

some things removed (or changed radically)

which the change logs do not mention

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EvgenyS

Is this a FINAL/LAST version?! Or it is just a fantasy???!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Well, seems like there is nothing to change anymore... for now.

I don't think there will ever be a final version.

For a software application that means death. It only happens when that software is abandoned.

Having new versions is a good sign; it means that the team is still working on finding bugs, improving the codebase or adding new features.

I, for one, am glad to see that happening on an ongoing basis.

Guest EvgenyS

You're absolutely right. I can only hope that the developers have enough money and desire to continue improve this program.

With best wishes! :D

You're absolutely right. I can only hope that the developers have enough money and desire to continue improve this program.

With best wishes! :D

I can assure you that no one develops a bittorrent client with aspirations of making money, because bittorrent protocol's designer (Bram Cohen) made sure all software using his protocol must be FREE.

• 1 month later...