To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Not waht i asked for

davethebiker

i asked for a movie called The Bounty Hunter 2010 but when i played a preview of th movie , using BitComet v1.20, it was playing music videos. is this normal and after completing the d/l will the movie be there or will it be the music video ?

any help will be gratefully appreciated.

no need to reply to the above post ... when download was complete i played the movie and yes it was ... music videos.

why do people do this ? is there any way of stopping this type of thing spoiling it for the rest of us ?

thanx for all you are doing and thanx again to the BC Staff.

there isn't. It happens pretty much on a daily basis. There are some signs you can gradually learn that suggest something is a fake, and there are often warnings in the comments.

Also, that's exactly one of the main purposes of the the "Preview" function. After downloading a few percents of the video file (many times only as much as 2.5%-4.5%) you'll be able to preview the beginning of the file.

Usually that's enough to tell if the file is what you're searching for or if it has the right quality.

When you get a bad .torrent like this report it on the site you downloaded it from.

Be grateful things are far better now then they were during the Kazaa days. The "stuff" people used to mislabel and seed. It was as if an entire network was 4chan's playgroud.

Comments and Preveiw are a god send ........ one of the main torrent sites i use have a trusted user system....so i will not even attempt to DL a torrent unless i see that ...... and i agree things have come a long way since kazza ....back in those days i was almost scared to see what i was actually getting for a movie instead of what i was downloading ....lol

Edited by 1nf4r3d (see edit history)