To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Mpcstar plays no sound

same thing happened to me today, i have mpcstar 4.4, i installed everything when i made the update a while ago, and it worked before today... i have tried reinstalling but it did not help, and it seems other players do play sound but id really prefer mpcstar + its useful for bitcomet preview, and no the volume is not off... its set to 100%... pls help

depends on what kind of file you're trying to play. You didn't mention that vital detail, you know? You also didn't bother saying whether it's just one file, every file, all files of a certain type, only some files named x, y, z, or any of that.

No, it's not.

You should have gone into Start-->Programs-->MPCStar-->Settings-->Configure ffdshow audio codecs.

Then on the UI that opens make sure that the Codecs entry is selected before taking a screenshot.

I am having the same issue. I am not sure when it start but before it happens I am using Mpstar 4.3. I updated it to 4.4 but the problem still happens. I try installing/uninstall between 4.3 and 4.4 but it didn't work. I am currently having issue with avi, rmvb and mpeg file not sure about the others. Please help.

Does MPCStar detect the audio codec of your file(s)?

(Check and post a screen of File-->File info... menu).

i don't know if it detects the codec...

by file info, you mean what comes up ex: file properties or a different subtab of filter info? ... and should i play a file while doing this?

Yes, open a file with MPCStar.

Look in the file menu and select the "File Info" choice.

A separate window will open up.

In the File Properties view in that new window, look under "Format"

Under "Format", look at the Stream section.

This tells you what MPCStar thinks this file is.

take a screenshot of this whole new window and post it.

Look at the branch with the filename itself. open it.

There should be a video node and an audio node. Select the audio node. This will show you the audio chain.

Take another screenshot and post that as well.

make sure you embiggen the window enough to get all of it into the screenshot.

As I said this looks odd.

It seems that MPCStar is building the entire filter graph as it should.

I know that you may probably have already checked this that but MPCStar has 2 independent volume controls so I have to ask before going any further: Have you checked the Volume Setting Panel as well, under the Audio menu to see that the volume is set to maximum for both speakers and that the speaker type is the right one?

If yes, then you should download a tool called graphedit or graphstudio; any of them should do.

After that, open the file in MPCStar and then start graphedit.

Go to File-->Connect to remote graph... and you should see a little window with the PID of the MPCStar process.

Hit OK and then you should see in the main graphedit window the filter graph (filter chains) represented as rectangles interconnected with arrows.

You can drag the rectangles so that they all fit inside the window and after that take a screenshot.

This should give us a confirmation that the filter chain is properly built.

If that's the case then probably we can forward this to the team.

Also, what is your OS?

I know that you may probably have already checked this that but MPCStar has 2 independent volume controls so I have to ask before going any further: Have you checked the Volume Setting Panel as well, under the Audio menu to see that the volume is set to maximum for both speakers and that the speaker type is the right one?

the volume of both speakers was max, sound 100%, speakers are working(winamp/windows media player do play sound)

i will post the requested screenshot as fast as i can

OS Name: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

Edited by MadOmega (see edit history)

Go to File-->Connect to remote graph... and you should see a little window with the PID of the MPCStar process.

Hit OK and then you should see in the main graphedit window the filter graph (filter chains) represented as rectangles interconnected with arrows.

You can drag the rectangles so that they all fit inside the window and after that take a screenshot.

i don't know what i'm doing wrong...

i hit ok here:screenshot6z.jpg

and than i get this, nothing more: Graphedit screenshot 2, no rectangles...

It should look like this:

post-53766-12716210067064.jpg

I guess it doesn't work for you. Maybe it's Vista. You could try running it in compatibility mode; perhaps it helps.

Have you tried graphstudio as well? It's a graphedit clone, maybe Vista agrees more with it.

Anyway, this was just meant to confirm that the filter graph for the audio stream is completely built and working, although that pretty much seems to be the case, from your screenshot of MPCStar file info.

As far as I'm concerned, I guess we should pass this one to the team. Unless somebody else cares to add anything.

it seems you are right graphedit (and graphstudio, which i tested and same thing happened) is not compatible to windows vista...

i did found graphedit that is said to be compatible to vista 64 OS, but unfortunately mine is Vista 32.

Thanks for patience and support... if any other date is needed i will be happy to provide.

You can manually follow/assemble the chain with the other nodes in the fileinfo window, which may help you to figure out the problem.

In particular, if earlier versions worked for you, you can reinstall them and compare the working chain with the latest version's.