To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Need a guide for creating and up-loading torrents

T_Azam

Hi!

I have some files that I want to share,but,I don't know how to create a torrent file that everyone can download.I have checked the link provided by Maverick but,its not working.The guide should be based on Bit Comet as it is my torrent client.Please help me on this.

Thanks Greywizard for the link it was very helpful,

but I DID NOT UNDERSTAND the part of WEB SEEDING,I understand that I need to put a url here but I was unsuccessful in filling it.Can this be explained to me in a SIMPLE WAY with examples.

MY other question is After uploading the file(for example:isohunt)Do I need to upload it in my BitComet client and for how long?

THANKS AGAIN.T.C&Bye.

For webseeding you need the URL of a HTTP webserver which hosts the file-set you're trying to seed. If that's not your case (and probably isn't) you needn't worry about that.

As for your second question, it's covered in the introduction to the topic I gave you. If you read it once more it should become clear.

Your second question indicates that you don't quite understand the process, because the answer to it is, 'yes, of course!"

The first part of the process concerns creating and disseminating the .torrent file itself, which is far too small to contain the content of whatever you're distributing. You upload that torrent, others download it, and now everyone is prepared to begin the peer-to-peer process that's at the heart of bittorrent.

The second part of the process is for you peers to contact each other and begin exchanging data. You yourself are the initial seeder, and you are the necessary peer in the process. They all get the content from you as the ultimate source. If you don't seed the torrent, nothing further happens, and all of the other peers decide that this is a dead torrent.

you need to continue to seed at least until there are other peers who have 100% of the torrent, and become seeders themselves. You'll want to leave at least three or four seeders working, before you stop seeding yourself. You also want to check back on the torrent from time to time, to see if there are reseed requests, in case all of the other seeders have stopped.