Comet Forums
Sign in to follow this  
svetlio

Cyrilic subtitles encoding problem

Hello,

I'm a new user to the forum, but I want to suggest some features for the player.

I'm Bulgarian and my subtitles are Cyrilic. The problem is that I didn't saw an option for encoding the subs in Cyrilic.

I hope in the next release there will be also Cyrilic support and I can help translating the player to Bulgarian - for free of course!

Keep the good work and have a nice day!

The player doesn't create the subtitles, it merely shows them. Someone else must create subtitles for any given movie, and encode them into a form that can then be played along with the movie. If a cyrillic subtitle stream exists, then MPCStar can display it. If such a stream does not exist, nothing you can do to MPCStar would change that.

Previously,when I was on Windows 7 starter, I had mpcstar player and he played all cyrilic subtitles right and after I installed Windows 7 professional and again installed the movie player all the cyrilic subtitles turned into this "áéíóáóíéá".Please help.