To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Disconnect Problem

DonkeyKnuckle

When I started to use BitComet, I noticed that I was not able to use my internet connection after the program started to run. Such as not being able to go to any website on firefox or play any of my games('server not found' page would pop up for firefox and I can't connect to the game servers for the online games.) I looked through my programs that I use and BitComet was the program that did this. Is it a firewall problem? Something else? Please help. I also looked through the forums and couldn't find anything about this problem.

You have provided no useful information to help our support staff offer any useful advice. Our staff has provided a list of the absolute minimum amount of information required to make any support request, and it is required reading before posting, so unless your looking for people to make vague guesses at what may be the cause, I suggest you begin by trying to help yourself by letting us know what you know.

At the moment all we know is that you have some kind of computer running some kind of windows version, on some kind of internet connection, running any one of over 100 bitcomet versions.

If you want help, then your surely not making it easy for anyone to offer it.

Take a look at the settings guide in the Guides forum. This issue is discussed there.

Your connection is probably, like most peoples', asymmetrical. Your upstream speed is not the same as your downstream speed, but downstream is all that's talked about. Upstream is important, and if BitComet is using up all of your upstream, none is left over for anything else. This is why you can't use anything else. Configure your BitComet per the guide, to solve the problem.

I can't give you any details about it since, as TUUS notes, you didn't provide enough information.