To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

dont want to DL more thn one file at a time

Hello,

let me explain 1st. as the pic,

captureqkl.jpg

i hav 3 task to DL, but if i DL 3 file at a time, thn i will get less speed. so my Q is, how do i DL 1 file at a time, but other task also reamin in the list without PAUSING, after one file DL completed, another will start automatically, don't need to ''PAUSE'' & "START" manually.

i found this option thin another DL softwewar. pls help me.

thnx

Guest EvgenyS

In options menu select "Task" then in the line named "Maximum number of concurrent downloading BitTorrent task:" set value "1". Apply changes.

Thus select and start tasks you want to download. The upper task will start to download and others will wait for their turn.

Edited by EvgenyS (see edit history)

One thing you need to get straight in your mind is that using torrents, your not downloading the data in "files", but in "pieces". Using the recommendation above, it will limit you to one TORRENT at a time, not one FILE at a time. If your intent is to have files within a torrent download one at a time, then your trying to do something that is a REALLY bad idea.

If a 1gb torrent contains 10 files of 100mb each, what your really downloading is 4,000 pieces of data, and only after the the pieces are downloaded are they reconstructed back into the files you wanted. If you force bitcomet to download one "file" at at time, your going to end up wasting bandwidth, having slow download, and downloading some of the pieces two or more times. Your also going to be making yourself a bad peer because you won't have most of the pieces the swarm asks for, and your going to miss out on a lot of good trading with peers because you have crippled the efficiency of your downloading by trying to force it to do something it was never designed to do.

Disabling files in a torrent is an option that you can use if you don't want those files, but to disable them because you think your helping the efficiency is actually harming it. You'd be far better to simply let the swarm download the pieces are are available at any moment, and your torrent will run more efficiently.

So basically downloading one TORRENT at a time is a VERY good idea, but if your trying to get your torrents to download one file at a time, then thats a very bad idea.

In options menu select "Task" then in the line named "Maximum number of concurrent downloading BitTorrent task:" set value "1". Apply changes.

Thus select and start tasks you want to download. The upper task will start to download and others will wait for their turn.

i tried in this way, but not working. after giving value 1, i press ''Start'' for all tasks in the list, and all file downloading!!!! pls chck ur side

i tried in this way, but not working. after giving value 1, i press ''Start'' for all tasks in the list, and all file downloading!!!! pls chck ur side

despite my efforts to explain this, your still referring to all "Files" are downloading.

Can you please properly describe this condition. Do you mean all "tasks" are downloading? because this is much different then saying all "files" are downloading.

You really need to properly describe the condition your trying to report because each task can have many files, and as I mentioned, bitcomet doesn't even download file by file, it constructs the files from pieces it downloads.

despite my efforts to explain this, your still referring to all "Files" are downloading.

Can you please properly describe this condition. Do you mean all "tasks" are downloading? because this is much different then saying all "files" are downloading.

You really need to properly describe the condition your trying to report because each task can have many files, and as I mentioned, bitcomet doesn't even download file by file, it constructs the files from pieces it downloads.

1 file at a time, let say, a movie (300mb) named 001.avatar.avi, 3 more same files in the list 002.avatar.avi , 003.avatar.avi, but i want it as after one file dl completeing another will start auto.

Guest EvgenyS

In my explanation I told about downloading (full) torrents, one by one, no matter how many files each one have. You mentioned the file queue, so try to use a torrent "propeties" -> "download order" >> "enable customized file download".

Our experts says that this is a horribly bad idea. I think we should listen to them. ;)