To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bit comet problem PLS HELP!!!

Hey guys, i recently discovered a problem with my bitcomet. Im tryng to download a 3.3GB file, my speed is abt like 150, which is maxed out, but my progress doesnt seem to be accurate with the statistic. So, far, with my speed still like 140++ constant, ive managed to download 4.02 GB already, which is obviously bigger than my task size, which is 3.3GB, yet my percentage is still like 96.7%. Pls help me, i really dont know whats wrong. This happens to every torrent i download now. It wasnt like that before 2 months ago. Is it the speed given is not accurate?? or is there a problem with my PC?? THANKS IN ADVANCE

If any piece of data is downloaded and tests as corrupt, it will be discarded and redownloaded. Normally this doesn't add up to a lot of rubbish data, but there are certain things that can cause you to get repeated hash failures, leading to you downloading the same piece many times.

One common problem that causes this is a result of router settings that "rewrite" blocks of data, thinking they are doing you a favor, but I'm sure if you used a router, you would have mentioned it as the rules state, so I'll ignore this possible cause.

With public torrents, some are "poisoned" by anti-p2p groups. They have been known to operate commercial servers that can send out huge amounts of corrupt data to frustrate p2p users.

It's also possible that a harddrive or file system error could be the cause. I'd recommend you stop the effected torrent and do a manual hash check. This will test all downloaded data so you can be sure what stage of completion you are at. This could even resolve the problem, but keep in mind that this could be a sign that your harddrive is failing, so checking the disc for errors and doing a defrag might be a good idea. You might want to backup any important data first.

thanks for replying, how u do check for disc errors?? and now, the second torrent i downloaded, which is 5GB, cant even progress. The speed is like 150Kb/s, and after downloading 150MB, the percentage is still 0. LAlso when im downloading, i noticed an unusual high connections of DHT, which is 1415. Normally, when i do not have this problem, it was just 100 or 200++. One more thing, when i started to have this problem, i couldnt upload at all, my upload speed is like 0 or 1.