To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Using CometBird with Facebook video uploads

I have a problem when uploading videos to facebook I allow facebook pop ups but then I get this window top left with an 'allow' button and have to keep pressing it and with every press it uploads a bit of video at a time from the hard drive and the progress bar creeps up, why do i have to keep pressing this allow button like this all the time?, why don't cometbird remember that I have pressed this allow button and just upload the video to facebook in one go automatically? Thanks, Andy.

Well, it would be helpful to know what version of CometBird you are using, for one.

The Latest 3.6.8 - I always keep it up to date. Although I dont think that the problem arises out of having out of date cometbird I reckon its got something to do with not remembering allowed sites and/or popups.

andyr12352,

Try this:

■ 1. Go to Facebook. Once you're there, click on the favicon (the little picture, at the left hand of the address bar). You should see something like this:

■ 2. Alright, now click on the More Information... button and go to the Permissions tab. There you have to uncheck the Use Default box under Open Pop-up Windows and select Allow to your right, as below:

[/center]

I think that should work.

Regards,

Tried all that, still didnt work was still wanting me to press allow whilst it was uploading video. Strange thig is I have just downloaded Firefox browser and that works OK once I said allow it uploaded the video to facebook fully in one go with no more input from me. So to me it looks like its an issue with cometbird or some settings, strange because cometbird is built on Fiefox isnt it. - oh well if I don't succeed with uploading video to facebook through cometbird I shall just have to leave firefox installed on the hard drive and upload videos through that instead.

Andy.

Yes, Cometbird is developed from firefox. I recommend you uninstall Cometbird (after backing up any bookmarks or private data you don't want to lose), then delete the install directory, then reinstall. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

:) OK it looks like I finally cracked it without having to uninstall and re-install cometbird. I went into tools/advanced/general and there ticked was "warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page" - I unticked restarted cometbird and viola it uploads a video to facebook completely in one go which is what I wanted. took me a while to fathom it out but I did it in the end. Cheers for the advice and suggestions anyway.