To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Yellow Light (Blocked Port) with Windows 7

shadetz

Hi everyone, I hope someone has a solution to a problem I am experiencing with bitcomet after upgrading from Windows Vista Home Edition to Windows 7 Home Edition. It keeps giving me the yellow light saying that port blocked. I did not change any settings on my router and used the same port as I did in the past. I enabled TCP & UDP for my bitcomet ports (30000 to 50000 range) on my firewall, disabled Windows Firewall and disabled UPnP. No luck.

To test if it was the router or firewall, I configured my computer to run on the DMZ port and ran BitComet without a firewall and it still gave me the yellow light. I got the same result from other file sharing programs too. Is there something new in Windows 7 that is doing this? Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi!

By disabling firewalls and assigning wan IP's to your pc you create a safe passage for hackers and malware...

What router? And yes it's normal to get a yellow light after formatting your pc. The LAN IP changes as it's assigned by DHCP when windows setup "installs the network". Knowing that when you forward a port, you forward it for a specific LAN address it's only logical that your port is not forwarded anymore.

Plus I don't remember if you installed other security solutions after formatting your pc.

Plus I don't remember if your modem has NAT capabilities.

Care to refresh my memory?

Thanks for you reply. I will post more details. I am using Siemens Gigaset SE567 and I am directly wired to the WAN port for my ADSL connection. I have set a static ip of 192.168.1.64 and did port forwarding in accordance to http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Siemens/Gigaset-SE567/BitComet.htm with port 32545 as the one I use for Bitcomet. I have COMODO Internet Security installed on my computer and granted Bitcomet access to the network. I have Bitcomet 1.22.

What puzzles me is that when I used the DMZ feature the security features on the router should be bi-passed and, in addition, I disabled Comodo to check to see if this will turn the light green. It did not. Windows firewall was also disabled. I used a port check while security was at its lowest and it gives me the result 'Cannot Ping your Router' and, thus, 'Your Port was not Reachable. Does anyone know what step I should take next? Otherwise, I might just bring out my hub and old d-link modem and obtain direct access.

If you have a separate modem, it would be a good idea to use it for a test (so that you can take the router out of the loop).

That way, you'll know for sure which one is the culprit: your router or your PC.

Then you'll on which one you need to focus.

I enabled TCP & UDP for my bitcomet ports (30000 to 50000 range) on my firewall,

??

There aren't BitComet "ports". There is only the one listen port which you choose in your Preferences/Options/Whatever. There is no range. It is not a good idea to treat a firewall this way, heedlessly opening wide ranges when you only need one. The firewall has a specific and vital job to do, but it can't do it if you deactivate it carelessly.