To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet 1.23 Bugs

I Use The Latest Update Bitcomet 1.23

I Have ADSL 512 KPPS

I Have Repotec Router RP-IP2401A

I Have Symantec Norton 360 v2 Working Charm With Forwarded Ports

I Have Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Service Pack 3

I Forwarded My Port And Its Green Means Working

Every Time I Download A Torrent I Get This Why Is That Normal?

Here Screen Shot:

untitled.bmp

Also My Download Speed Is A Little Affected Even With 12000 Seeder i Can Download With 20kb/s and less

And Some Times The Seeders Is About 58 And My Speed is 60kb/s Which Means Full Speed

Any Ideas?

Edited by TheWheelOfFate2010 (see edit history)

I have quite a bunch of ideas, generally speaking, but I have no clue exactly what is the bug you wanted to report?

The download speed depends on several factors, not only on the sheer number of seeders in a swarm.

This topic is moved to the General section until we determine if there is a bug and what that may be.

I have quite a bunch of ideas, generally speaking, but I have no clue exactly what is the bug you wanted to report?

The download speed depends on several factors, not only on the sheer number of seeders in a swarm.

This topic is moved to the General section until we determine if there is a bug and what that may be.

Here I Told You DHT NETWORK Write Connecting Not Connected And Show Peers

See Screen Shot Up There That I Post

Edited by TheWheelOfFate2010 (see edit history)

I can't tell what you meant either. Your communication is very unclear.

I'm guessing that you want to know why you aren't getting any DHT connections. Is that correct?

If so, the issue is probably that you have your listen port blocked for the UDP protocol, which is what DHT uses exclusively. In order for DHT to work, you need to unblock your listen port on all of your active firewalls for both TCP and UDP protocols.

For some firmware firewalls, you are forced to choose one or the other, so this has to be done with two separate rules, one allowing each.

For most others, you can specify "Both", or "Either" or "All" protocols, which is the same thing.

This might not be the only factor, but it certainly needs to be checked and resolved before proceeding.

You do not need to have DHT available in order to use bittorrent or Bitcomet.

That is correct. The choice to support DHT and PEX is made by the creator of the torrent, at the time of creation, and it can't be overruled by anyone including him: if he wants to change this he must create a different torrent.

No one is required to use DHT -- it can be disabled by the client for all torrents or for a particular torrent, or its underlying protocol can be blocked.

Some sites such as ThePirateBay no longer support their own tracker at all, and require the use of DHT and PEX for peerfinding, so disabling DHT altogether largely means you cannot use those sites.