To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

I Lost My Ranking.......

My User Id:

rohitsinha1993

1) What version of BitComet are you using?

Bitcomet 1.24

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)?

ADSL

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port?

No Modem Or Router

4) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use?

Windows 7,AVG Firewall And Internet Security.

My Problem:

Hey I Have been using bitcomet since 2009.08.06

And my score was around 14000

and i was a Lieutenant Colonel

But when i logged in today my score was just aroud 56

and i was a recruit............

this is really a very serious problem which is quite frustrating for me.......and if the problem is not solved i might not use bitcomet any more........

so plz de me a favour of sorting it out.....

hoping for a positive feedback...........

So very much fretting over this. We should just abandon the whole system.

Your rank is stored on a server. If, for any reason, the server can't be reached, your apparent rank reverts to the bottom until connection is re-established.

No one has ever demonstrated that higher rank actually benefits you in any way whatever.

If you have a problem, make a post in the forum and wait for one of us to reply. There is no need to send the message multiple times in private messages, nor posting in on members public profile.

As Kluelos stated, this is most likely just a case of not being able to connect to the servers that track your stats, however it won't effect your ability to download at all, so getting upset or worried is pointless and meaningless.

Most of these problems simply resolve themselves when the outage is repaired. In the rare case that your stats are lost, then there is really nothing at all we can do about it here, except to remind you that your using software provided to you completely free and supported by volunteers who donate their time.

If you cannot accept that errors can occur, then I suggest you disable logging into Comet ID, then you won't have to worry about a rank because you won't have one. Otherwise just ignore it and in most cases it will be back up and running soon.

Hi rohitsinha1993, since you have also emailed us about this problem, the team has checked your account and added your lost points. Please check your score.

By the way, posting ONCE in this forum OR sending an email is all you need to do to get help, repetitive posting in non-relevant forums is quite annoying, which also wastes your time and our time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. ) also lost my rank several days ago and now ) am just recruit with score 1 .. ) was colonel.

My User Id:

florysam

1) What version of BitComet are you using?

Bitcomet 1.24

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)?

cable

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port?

Modem webstar

4) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use?

Windows xp sp3 , kaspersky antivirus 2011

) hope you can give me an answer.

Sorry, ) tried everything ) could and ) fallowed all advices including install a new or older version of bitcomet or to connect properly as user .

)'m still recruit with score now 5 .. It's frustrating to be recruit after more than 3-4 years uploading in bitcomet.

You're apparently not logging in with the correct username, so you're getting this new account. Changing versions of BitComet won't help, as they will all keep using the same preferences and the same username.

Under Comet Passport, sign out. Then sign in again with your old username, and see what happens.

It's frustrating to be recruit after more than 3-4 years uploading in bitcomet.

Florysam, your username florysam was registered 1 year ago, so there are 2 possibilities to explain your situation:

1) You kept uploading for 3-4 years, but you only registered CometID last year, and did not use it often.

2) You did not login with the correct account.

Please make sure you have logged into the correct account everytime you upload.

• 2 weeks later...

When you start BitComet, you must log in to the server in order to display your account data -- your points and rank.

If you don't, the display will be replaced with a login prompt. If a different account, the data for that account will be displayed.

If you have changed or wiped the bitcomet settings, then you must log in manually and inform BitComet (in the preferences) that you wish to log in automatically in the future.

• 4 months later...

Your score won't display if the server cannot be reached, due to errors on either end, or anywhere in between. Simply waiting will usually fix this most of the time. You can also log in at the comet ID website to check if your stats are still intact.

We will also check your account as soon as our rep from development arrives, so expect a reply from Zerojinn.

Hi again

Sorry i have check my points it is still there. i login with the wrong user name. azzummar09 is my second account and the current account that i am using is adzry09. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the help, i didnt expect to get a reply from you guys this fast.

Thank You

Edited by azzummar09 (see edit history)

Since the original member has abandoned this post, I'm going to close it so it won't continue to be used for requesting new support.

The member who created this post may have it reopened by messaging a member of staff.

*topic closed*