To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Crash (ok, maybe not a new topic)

When I first started using BitComet, I had no issues with it crashing. Now, after using it for awhile, every version (1.23, 1.24, 1.25, and the newest 1.

26) crashes after a few minutes of use. The time between crashes is not consistent. It varies from immediate start up to app. 30 minutes and anywhere in between. I am using a T-1 connection with no control of the router, so I always have a blocked port.

You've provided us almost no information at all. Now, suppose I told you my car wouldn't run and asked how I could fix it. What could you tell me without knowing, oh, what kind of car it is, for example?

You might take a look at the sticky topic titled, "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING", read it, and at least provide the information it asks you for, which is why it's there.

Anyway, have you checked your system and application error logs for whatever operating system you're using, to see if they report a problem when the crash occurs?

Thank you for properly chastising me...I failed to include the info you mentioned because I only recently have started having crashes. Never the less, I am using Win 7 with Comodo Internet Security for firewall and anti virus. As far as error reports, I have not seen anything that would help. One thing I definately should have mentioned is that BitComet seems to crash more when I am downloading a specific project. The project is 15.99GB, but it has a tremendous amount of files within it.

BitComet usually runs very stable on Win7. Please tell us what settings your using, provide a speedtest report (recommend speedtest.net, with no other programs or computers using the internet).

The first thing I would do is limit the bandwidth that bitcomet uses to make sure that it's well under your tested maximum.

And on a personal note, sarcastic replies to our staff won't be tolerated. Keep in mind that your using a free product, and the computer professionals that support you here are all volunteering their time, so they have every right to be upset when member after member can't be bothered with spending 30 seconds to read the rules, which we purposely kept extremely brief and posted links to all over the forum. Other bittorrent clients simply refuse to even reply to topics that don't make an effort to include basic information.

I'll add that I'm not accusing you of being rude or sarcastic, but it did appear you may have been offended by our staff members reply. Please treat our staff exactly like you'd treat a friend that went out of his way to come help you, not like you would treat a paid support person representing a product you paid for.