To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Remote app for MpcStar

MpcStar Remote   

1 member has voted

1. 1. who thinks a remote app for the ipod/ iphone would be a good idea?

• Agree
    • Disagree

i was sitting here minding my own buisness when it hit me why get up every time i want to pause the movie ( my computer is litterly across the room i have it hooked up via a vga cable to my flat screen) why dosent the makers of mpcstar make an remote app for it? i cant be the only one who hooks there laptop up to a tv and gets annoyed with it. what do you think?

Edited by crimsonskyss (see edit history)

Because there's no standard way to do this, no generic interface toolbox for remote-control devices, to write to.

Perhaps you should simply get a small wireless keyboard, and use it for hotkey control. Since this is such a simple, cheap and complete solution to the issue, it hardly seems worthwhile to spend the same money on an actual, and far more limited, remote control device.

Another device you might find a much better solution is a media player device such as MvixUSA's ultio pro, or Western Digital TV Live box. They will hook upto your TV and play any kind of video direct from a harddrive, or streaming on your LAN (ethernet or wifi). The former will accept an internal Harddrive or external, but cost a bit more then the latter (usb external drive only).