To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Website wont load. (Cometbird problem)

Wrong Section, so sorry. Please move to correct area?

This problem is only with Facebook.

This problem is only on Comet bird.

This problem sucks because i have to peal my eyes away from comet bird to check facebook. It's not often but i love comet bird.

Here is the problem.

1-1.jpg

But it works on Internet Explorer...

2-1.jpg

Edited by deanlaing (see edit history)

I just loaded facebook and it works fine with cometbird. Try running cometbird in "safemode" and if it works that way, then it's most likely an extension that was installed in cometbird thats causing the problem.

ps. The first thing I'd suspect would be that toolbar you have installed.

I am not familiar with Facebook, but that looks like a "low bandwidth" version of a front page -- the one you opt to use when your connection is via dialup, for example, and would take a very long time to load the graphically-intensive normal homepage.

Somehow, you've opted for that page. This is probably controlled by a cookie set in Cometbird. You'll either need to find the setting (in Facebook) and change it, or you'll need to delete the cookie in CometBird that controls your Facebook options. If you can't determine what that is, you may need to delete all cookies from Facebook in order to cure this.

I just loaded facebook and it works fine with cometbird. Try running cometbird in "safemode" and if it works that way, then it's most likely an extension that was installed in cometbird thats causing the problem.

ps. The first thing I'd suspect would be that toolbar you have installed.

It isnt the tool bar, i installed that, hoping it would cure the problem.

This problem appeared after installing comet bird. AND i installed comet bird on a clean computer, i just wiped everything from it that same day.

I am not familiar with Facebook, but that looks like a "low bandwidth" version of a front page -- the one you opt to use when your connection is via dialup, for example, and would take a very long time to load the graphically-intensive normal homepage.

Somehow, you've opted for that page. This is probably controlled by a cookie set in Cometbird. You'll either need to find the setting (in Facebook) and change it, or you'll need to delete the cookie in CometBird that controls your Facebook options. If you can't determine what that is, you may need to delete all cookies from Facebook in order to cure this.

Tried and nothing works.

PROBLEM SOLVED

The problem was i had "Adblock Plus" installed and i had blocked a website "fbcdn.net" Which is actualy facebook somehow. This stopped imiges from loading on facebook.

Hopefully this will help other users with this type of problem.

Starting Cometbird in safemode, as I suggested would have instantly told us that it was one of your extensions at fault. from there simply turning them off or on, one at a time would find the guilty party.

And yes, fbcdn is part of facebook.

In the future if you have a problem using adblock plus, it will show you all the things that are blocked on a page, so that should be your first place to look. You can also disable adblock on that page only. This is a quick "one click" test that will rule out if it is causing a problem. You should make your self aware of how this program works because adblock, although a handy tool, will cause you a lot of problems like this in the future.

ps. Thanks for replying that you fixed it. Very helpful to other members and I wish everyone was so thoughful.