To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Upgraded to 3.6.16

Hello

I upgraded to the new version last night and now I can't get cometbird to last more than a minute before it crashes.

"A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Is there any way to roll back to a previous version of Cometbird?

If I uninstall and reinstall, will I lose all of my bookmarks?

Normally you can simply install the older version right over the newer one. Your bookmarks and plugins are stored in a separate location and are unaffected by this.

Cometbird is Firefox, so when you have questions, you can simply visit the Firefox site for answers.

Thank you! I went ahead and reinstalled and it was working great, until Norton kicked in to do a scan. It was detecting the plugin-container.exe for cometbird as a security risk and quarantined it. Once I restored the file, it is back to working like a charm!

Can you provide us with Norton's threat definition link so we can contact them about having the definition removed?

I suspect they are detecting it because it differs slightly from the plugin-container.exe that firefox uses (just a guess, but probably a good one).

ps. This is one of the reasons I dislike Norton products.