To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Auto Downloading

I am utilizing TED, a program that scans the internet for torrents of any shows I wish to download. Pretty sweet. It finds the torrent file, downloads it, and opens Bitcomet. Here is where it goes wrong however. Each new task in Bitcomet results in a "Create New Bittorrent task" window where you must manually select "download now" or "download later." Surely there must be a way to have Bitcomet just download automatically any new torrent file it sees avoiding the new bittorrent task window?

@Sid7474

I'm afraid this window can't be skipped. Both torrent and magnet downloads will require a confirmation window.

The "Create New Bittorrent task" window can help you change the save path and save name.

Thanks for your support.

Perhaps an advanced option would be in order, to tell BitComet to skip that window.

It would come in handy for a certain part of users.

Most users don't change the default save path on a per-torrent basis; they just choose a folder on the biggest partition (or the one with most free space) and then let all the torrents go in there.

As for the name, I really doubt there is any valid reason to go about changing it except when you have different torrents with duplicate path names which BC tries to save in the same folder; it will pop up a warning then.

But as I was saying, the conditions above-mentioned occur rarely enough to justify granting a part of users the ability to bypass the dialog box in question.

That is, only if it's not too much work to implement this.

Just my two cents' worth. :)

funchords wrote a script to make bitcomet automatically download any torrent in a given folder (as well as skip confirmation). I know this was written for a very old (ver .9x) bitcomet version, so it might need to be updated, or may not work at all, but the guide is posted in this forum.