To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

UPnP won't work at all

I have made a Static IP address, forwarded all the ports needed made sure everything I need is ticked and selected, yet I still get the Yellow port of BitComet. I have Window 7 and T585v7 (O2 is my ISP) router.

Up Time: 0:00:37

Overall Tasks: Total:1 / Running: 1

TCP Connections: Established: 9 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 8 [MAX:200]

LAN IP: 192.168.1.150

WAN IP: 188.221.149.223

Listen Port of TCP: 9584 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 9584 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP opened, UDP opened]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [timeout]

Disk Boost Service: Running

Overall Download Rate: 65 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 57 kB/s [MAX:200] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:154] All BT Upload Slots: 3

Free Phys Mem: 5.46 GB (Min to keep: 50 MB)

Disk Cache Size: 8 MB (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 77 (freq: 3.9/s), Actual Disk Read: 6 (freq: 0.1/s), Hit Ratio: 92.2%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 85 (freq: 3.1/s), Actual Disk Write: 3 (freq: 0.1/s), Hit Ratio: 96.4%

Total Downloaded: 84.62 GB

Total Uploaded: 45.28 GB

What could be the problem? I have done a manual portforawrd on the router, made me IP Static and made sure my firewall allows the ports, which it does

Edited by Jpunea (see edit history)

If you have manually setup portforwarding, then you don't need uPnP to do it for you and should have it disabled. As for why it didn't work, your error states bitcomet got no reply from your uPnP device. This is usually because a firewall is blocking the uPnP, which would also explain why your port is blocked.

You probably have a firewall, security or networking application installed that is stopping incoming connections, be them from p2p peers, or even from your own router.

You mean, "the only firewall that you know about". It's very common to have one or more software firewalls in place without being aware of it. Aside from the Windows built-in firewall, just about every "security suite" includes a firewall. There are also separate third-party firewalls, and even some mainboard utility software includes a firewall.

It's your responsibility to know what's running on your system (after all, who else CAN?), so you will need to use Task Manager to list all of your running processes, and Google to identify them, to find all of the software firewalls and remove them. In the process, you'll probably find a great many things running and taking up resources, that you don't want running, so you'll get a faster, more reliable system out of it.

You don't need to turn your router's firewall off, and shouldn't. You may need to bypass the router and connect directly to the modem for some tests, but if you connect to the internet without a firewall, you are very vulnerable and can be infected in less time than it takes to take a shower.

The built-in firewall can be controlled by BitComet, opening and closing your listen port as needed, so it's fine. Other software firewalls, you'll probably want to just uninstall.

I only use, free suits, Avast, SpyBot and Panda Cloud, don't get me wrong I am not a noob with computers, I know my system well, I am just an idiot at networking, the clostest I can have to a firewall is Avast real time sheilds

Actually, uPnP and the act of forwarding your port manually are redundant. It's like having doors that automatically open, and having a door man to open them for you. In the end, you only need an open doorway to walk through and either will work.

The fact that bitcomet got no response from your uPnP device before suggests that you did have something blocking it. One of the most common problems is from applications that are bundled with products like Nvidia graphics cards and systemboards that include them. They often prompt users to install their free firewall and/or network address manager. Either product will make (efficient) use of p2p nearly impossible.

Glad your problem is resolved.