To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Print / Print Preview in version 3.6.16

Hi,ramaniswamy, could you describe the problem you've come across with more detail or screenshots?

I have just tested in the local computer, trying to print preview the WIKI-Brand. This is 12 pages long, and the preview works well.

The print preview can't be open when the website is still loading, you may wait a while and then open the print preview to see if it works.

This is weird !! I checked Print Preview again just now, and the "problem" seems to have disappeared ! - and I have had this "problem" for the past 3 weeks.

I usually save a web page as a .pdf file, using a PDF Printer (DocuCom PDF driver). The number of pages in the file (A4) would depend on the size of the web page. However, during this period, the application would not save more of the web page than could be accommodated in 2 A4 pages. This was also reflected in the Print Preview display - i.e. not more than two A4 pages.

After making my initial post, I cycled through the Tools>Options menu, without changing anything (there are no options for print preview anyway). After reading the replies to my post, I checked ....... problem gone .... Can't explain. Thanks for your help.

sounds like an interenet connection problem. Your browser was probably waiting for the page to finish loading but your connection was reset/disconnected. If the problem resurfaces, ask your isp to check your connection.

It certainly was not due to a "page still loading" issue. The CometBird browser page could be viewed fully, and required a fair bit of scrolling down to get to the bottom of the page.

However, print preview consistently displayed only 2 pages, cutting out the rest of the web page, which would have needed more than 2 pages to be seen completely. Also the PrintPreview Toolbar at the top of the page only displayed "page 1 of 2" and "page 2 of 2" and never more than that.

The "Print" command also produced only 2 pages of print-out (hard copy)from the printer. ... Again, the same web page URL when opened in IE, displayed the entire web page in Print Preview, for example "page 1 of 11" to "page 11 of 11".

Sorry ! I don't want to flog a dead horse here, as the problem no longer exists, but I still don't know what caused it to linger on for nearly 3 weeks in the first place!

As I understand it, your driver reloads and renders the page for itself, as most of them do. So it could very well have been a loading issue, with the driver stopping after page 2 for whatever reason, while the browser had no trouble. Typically, the driver does not just take the page as rendered by the browser and print that, since the browser's formatting choices are made for visual presentation on a screen, where you'd make different choices for printing.

As I understand it, your driver reloads and renders the page for itself, as most of them do. So it could very well have been a loading issue, with the driver stopping after page 2 for whatever reason, while the browser had no trouble. Typically, the driver does not just take the page as rendered by the browser and print that, since the browser's formatting choices are made for visual presentation on a screen, where you'd make different choices for printing.

I have only an elementary grasp on this subject - is there a different (print preview ?)driver for each browser ? As stated earlier, there was no problem with IE, .... only with CometBird. I use a Dell XPS M1330 laptop, with Windows Vista.

The driver is different for each *printer*, and does not relate to the browser at all. Well, as you say, the problem went away, but does sound as if it was a glitch with the print driver.